Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My "Qualifications"

I figure I had better lay some ground work before I "dive" into this little piece of the www.  I am the oldest of 7 children and currently have 4 of my own children.  All growing up, I was a "second mother" to several of my younger siblings.  As a result of that, I had some experience in "mothering" before I became an actual mother.  I mean, you can't really know what motherhood is like until you are a mother...not just an older sister, but it did give me some insight I wouldn't have otherwise had.

I say all that to "qualify" myself to embark on this journey.  I know as a mother I receive all kind of advice from well meaning older women (and sometimes men) on how to successfully "do" this thing called "being a mom".  I usually hear them out, then go on my merry way.  Sometimes I take what they have to say and implement it into my life, other times, I don't.  Either way, they feel some sense of joy in "helping" me (even if the advice isn't really helpful), and I sometimes receive some wise insight I wouldn't have otherwise known.

I also have several friends who are moms who hand out advice to me on occasion.  I treat this the same way as the above advice.  These women are in the same stage as me, so they are learning things right alongside me.

So, this blog is a place for me to "hand out advice" to all of you who are looking for it.  You can take it or leave it.  Really, do what you want with it.  I won't be offended...I don't offend easily.  I just know that I like to help people in any way that I can.  I like to offer advice to other moms because I genuinely want them to succeed and enjoy raising their children.

I've also considered that no one will really read this blog, and that's okay too.  I just enjoy unwinding and giving my "two cents" to anyone who will listen...even if it's just the computer.  So, if you dare, join me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment